23 Jul Honey: Superfood for Your Face
You probably already know that honey is one of the healthiest superfoods out there: it’s overflowing with antioxidants — phenols, enzymes, flavonoids and organic acids — which may help reduce a slew of health risks. This antioxidant-rich superfood is commonly added to natural remedies for cough, sore throat, burns, cuts, indigestion and allergies.
But did you know that honey can provide an amazing array of purifying, moisturizing and anti-aging benefits to the body’s largest organ, too? Your skin needs moisture to thrive, and honey delivers. The sugary-sweet substance is mostly made up of water, and it’s also a natural humectant — that means it can help the skin attract and preserve moisture — so it will help lock in moisture in the skin.
Beyond Honey: Beneficial Additives Made by Bees
Bees also produce various other skin-beneficial ingredients besides honey that are commonly used in cosmetic products, including propolis and royal jelly.
- Honey — This natural humectant and beauty ingredient has been used since the times of ancient Egypt. Besides helping to lock-in moisture, honey also helps reduce the appearance of age-related skin concerns and facilitates a fresh, supple dermal surface.
- Propolis — Bees also produce propolis, also called “bee glue,” which is a powerful anti-inflammatory substance found in beehives. Propolis is made when bees mix their saliva with their wax, and it has long been considered to have medicinal and healing properties. In skin care, propolis is added to help restore the skin through its natural antiseptic qualities.
- Royal Jelly — Amino acid-rich royal jelly is secreted by honey bees in order to provide nutrition to larvae and adult queens. The potent amino acids found in royal jelly provide the skin with much-needed hydration, leaving behind soft, supple and smooth skin.
Products to Try: Honey Drop
Ready to give the rejuvenating powers of honey a shot? Check out our newest product: Farmacy Honey Drop. This lightweight daily moisturizer utilizes our unique Echinacea GreenEnvy™ Honey, and promotes a vibrant, glowing complexion through powerful antioxidants. It glides on effortlessly for a big-time boost of beneficial ingredients that leave skin smooth, hydrated and glowing.
Honey Drop blends blends the anti-aging, hydrating powers of Echinacea GreenEnvy™ honey with the antiseptic power of propolis for a slew of skin benefits. It also includes plenty of amino acids provided by the honey bee’s amazing royal jelly. These ingredients work alongside our potent Triple Hyaluronic Acid Complex whichs boosts the skin’s natural moisture.
Produced exclusively by bees living on the Farmacy farm in Upstate New York, our honey is jam-packed with natural antioxidants, which work to protect the skin from damaging free-radicals. Honey Drop is also equipped with our patent-protected Echinacea GreenEnvy™, which is 300 percent more powerful than regular echinacea purpurea, with the antioxidant cichoric acid to provide the benefits.
Honey Drop Benefits
- Provides powerful antioxidant relief through natural Echinacea GreenEnvyTM
- Resists skin-damaging free-radicals, heightens hydration and brightens with Echinacea GreenEnvyTM
- Boost skin’s natural moisture, nourishes and softens with a unique hyaluronic acid complex
- Provides long lasting moisture and helps improve the skin’s barrier function with Cupuacu butter beads from the Amazon rainforest. Rich in hydrating fatty acids, these help nourish and soften the skin.
- Uses naturally derived ingredients, such as non-GMO fermented soy, mistletoe and Japanese bloodgrass, to help moisturize and soften while reducing water loss
Just like all Farmacy skin care products, Honey Drop is completely free of parabens, formaldehyde and artificial coloring. It’s made with naturally derived ingredients, and is never tested on animals. This product is safe and beneficial for people with normal, oily, combination and dry skin types.
To use Honey Drop, simply apply it to clean skin in the morning and/or evening. Using the spatula provided, scoop out a small amount and warm it between the palms. Apply it to your face in an upward and outward sweeping motion, making sure to cover all the sides of the face, the chin and neck.